Replacement Number Plates Made at MotoCare

Need some Replacement Number Plates?

If either of your car number plates is cracked, broken, faded or has marks obscuring the letters and numbers, then they’re illegal and need to be replaced. Motocare is here to help – we can make you some shiny new or replacement number plates* for your car or bike while you wait. We can also help out by making you an extra set of number plates if you’re towing, or using a rear-mount cycle carrier. And that’s not all – you can design your number plate¬†too!

What Documents Do I Need?

On 1st of December 2005 the DVLA changed the documentation required to buy a Number Plate. The following now applies – In order to obtain a Number Plate you will have to provide verification of your current personal details and proof of entitlement to the registration mark quoted.

At least one original document from each of the lists below is required. The combination of the documents must be sufficient to check your name, address and the entitlement.

Pick Your Style

We can supply new standard oblong, square or motorcycle number plates, with different emblems, borders and lettering options.

All our new and replacement number plates are completely road legal and DVLA approved, and standard number plate prices start from just £10.99 each.

Proof of Identity:

  • A driving licence whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (with or without a photograph). This is preferred because it is a secure, government-issued document showing both name and address.
  • A current bill issued by an electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill or a council tax bill.
  • A bank or building society statement.
  • A passport (whether issued or not in the United Kingdom).
  • A national identity card issued by the Government of a state or territory other than the United Kingdom.
  • A debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society (the requirement for a photograph no longer applies).
  • A police warrant card.
  • An armed forces identity card.
  • Proof of Entitlement:

The preferred document is a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C).

  • An email confirmation of entitlement from DVLA.
  • The tear – off slip (V5C/2) from V5C (Section 10).
  • Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750).
  • Cherished transfer retention document (V778).
  • Vehicle licence renewal form (VI 1).
  • Temporary registration Certificate (V379).
  • Authorisation Certificate (V948) with official DVLA stamp.
  • A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C. Quoting the vehicle identification number is no longer acceptable

Number Plates

  • Standard Plates
  • Square Plates
  • MotorCycle Plates
  • Lipped Plates
  • Non European Plates
  • Metal Pressed
  • 3d, Carbon, Hi-Line Digits
  • Borders & Flags